- Let's talk cyber
- Side Event: Gender approaches to cyber security (Arabic)
Side Event: Gender approaches to cyber security (Arabic)
Building on discussion with the OEWG, as well as the pre-draft report, this meeting will unpack main proposals presented so far and identify actions that are needed to turn those goals into reality.
Participants are encouraged to come prepared to discuss the following:
- Nexus between gender sensitivity and an “open, secure, stable, accessible and peaceful ICT environment”
- Women’s meaningful participation and leadership in cybersecurity governance processes;
- Gender mainstreaming in norm implementation;
- Gender-sensitive capacity-building;
- Gender digital divide.
Through an active moderated discussion, panelists will take stock of current efforts and research in this area and explore practical measures that governments, international organizations, the private sector and civil society can take to advance gender sensitive approaches to national and international cyber security policies. Moreover, the discussion will consider additional relevant and platforms to advance gender equality in the cyberspace, including human rights frameworks and the Women, Peace and Security Agenda.
This session is co-chaired by: